Sunday, May 4, 2008

PRIDE in Vegas!

So the Pride parade was on Friday night. It was alright. The most entertaining part of it was actually the very beginning where some super religious guy with a sign tried to stop the parade and ended up having 4 cops on top of him trying to handcuff him. My roommate tried to get video of it but i don't think she realized she was trying to film through someone's head. Bummer.

I would have totally posted that video. I was right in front watching that whole thing. Funny thing is, my friend Jenn thinks it's the same guy that we saw when we were walking down Fremont street and he had a sign about how sodomy was a sin and those who did it were going to hell. The guy planned on getting arrested because on his sign it said something about "I was arrested for..." blah blah blah. I wish I got a picture of the sign before it got torn to shit by Jenn.


Yesterday was the festival, which was actually pretty fun. I got a few free things. Including water pistols and like...4 decks of playing cards. Oh and a couple of gay bracelets aaaand a WaMu account. I FINALLY have a bank that is actually national instead of just a bank that is in Texas. Yes...so if I get random cash I can actually deposit it into an account instead of hoping I don't spend it or have to go get a money order so that I can mail it to my account in...Texas. Yes.

We ended up going to one of the gay bars and watched a drag show. The show was better the first time I went. Eh. Probably because there wasn't a male stripper that was doing a show in the middle of the drag show. Thanks but....I really didn't want to see a male stripper. Thank god it wasn't a full monty show. Ya...no. I ended up passing out to Deal or No Deal when I got home.

Oh oh...and i picked up giant blue and yellow balloons out of my apartments parking lot. They were there...just looking all lonely at 11pm and so I took them home. Yup...they are not sitting on my day bed.

Anywho...I would post a few pictures from Pride but Cindy has my camera. Oh and she totally had her ass grabbed by some guy Friday night after Hooters. Apparently people think that's ok to just grab strangers and just keep walking like nothing happened. Right. Oh and I think Hooters has shitty food. My burger was overcooked and the onion rings kind of were mushy ish. ew. I doubt I'll eat there again. I'm just a little picky sometime.

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Hi Katya. How neat that you found those balloons. They were definitely meant to find a home with you.

Hope you get your camera back soon; I'm sure the pics are great!

Popped by from Michele's to say hi on this late Sunday afternoon. Glad you're well!