Sunday, November 2, 2008

Break between real writing and blog writing.

Howdy. It is now the second of November. So, you say? Well, that means it is the second official day of NaNoWriMo. I'm at 1,824 words right now. I had to finish my count for yesterday since I couldn't keep my eyes open in the evening. I went to bed at around 8pm and dragged my ass out of bed at 4. Drove to the 24 hour starbucks and started writing again. I've been trying to find the right music to spew my words to but not finding it. And now it's about 7 and far too many people all talking at the same time. It's driving me nuts. It just makes me want to tell everyone to shut up. But...I don't think I'm allowed to do that. If I tried writing at home right now, I would just crawl back into bed and sleep for another 5 hours. No can do.

My novel: Scarlet Letter Ana
Synopsis: This is going to be a about a woman who picks up women at bars, restaurants, wherever and kills them if she finds out they're cheating on their significant other. She does this after she finds her lover of 8 years in bed with another woman. On their anniversary. Ana snaps and kills them both and then moves to Vegas.

I have to see how much of this I can get written before I fly out to Atlanta on the 20th. There will be more distractions once I'm out there. I'm excited to go out there...but...I do want to actually complete my novel this year.

1,824 right now. To be right on schedule I need to have at least: 3,334 words. It's too bad I'm working nearly fulltime now. Not officially but...mostly. Maybe I can see if I can just work mornings since I am, technically, "part-time." Yes I need the hours, which equals money, but I also want to have plenty of time to write when I'm most awakeful.

ugh. There are people smoking outside. I wants one. *sigh*

Hmm...I bet that woman who just took two Sunday papers didn't pay for them. Sure didn't look like it. Fairly sure they're not free.

Anyway, blogging equals procrastination from novel writing. Back to it I go.

No comments: