Saturday, October 11, 2008

Well here we are....

I found out yesterday, on my seven and a half hour drive down to Tucson to go see family, that I got another job. Woo!! I'll be working part time for the company until they open up their new office in January. I'll be able to be fulltime by December 15th though. I'm very happy about it. So right now I'll be working two part time jobs until then. I have to let both jobs know that I want about a week and a half off around Turkey-day to be able to go see Leigh. My mother thinks I should come home for Thanksgiving because my oldest brother, his wife and three monsters...I mean wonderful children, will be there. It's been almost a year since I've seen them but no. I'll see them the next time I go back up to Washington.

Next month is November, which means...novel writing time! I've got to come up with something....fast. I've got a couple things in mind but I'm not entirely sure whether or not I want to go with one or the other. Who knows. I've got three weeks to pull a novel out of my ass. Leigh is planning on going for it too, so; while I am in Atlanta we will be writing a good amount of the time when we're not doing...other things. You know, watching TV, hanging out with people, going places....stuff like...that.

Anyway. I also want to just write and write all the random shit that's in my head, out onto paper. Who knows, that could even turn into a novel. Somehow. Too bad I can't remember the crazy dream I had the other night. That would have been an interesting novel.

I was thinking the other day that it's really too bad I'm not playing the stocks. Apparently right now would be a great time to buy certain stocks because they'd jump back up eventually. If I had any money to invest into the stock market I'd think about it. But right now I don't. Plus I don't really know that much about the whole market. I learned some stuff about it in high school and even did some game that was like playing the actual market. I think I need it explained better or something. I usually need to be able to see something done in order to really get how it works and then I can get my hands dirty and get it even more as I make mistakes and get more explanation. Hard to do at times.

The election....nevermind. I hate talking about the election and politics. Yes, I know it's my country, my rights and all that but I just don't like having someone else making the decisions for me. Can't I just make my own choices and just do it? I don't like asking permission. I don't want to ask if I can get married, have an abortion, use my money here or there, own a gun, or whatever from someone who doesn't know shit about me and my life and probably could care less. I'm fairly small on the totem pole. But ya...I hate politics.

But anywho...I have a seven plus hour drive back to fabulous Vegas. So, I should get some sleep.

No comments: